Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 zest of large lemon
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 - 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all - purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (reduce temperature to 325 degrees F if your bundt pan is dark/non-stick). Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, use your fingertips to rub together the sugar and lemon zest until the zest is completely incorporated and the sugar is evenly moistened. Add the butter and cream together on medium speed 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
4. In a small bowl, measure 3/4 cup of whole milk and stir in 2 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice. Let mixture stand for 5-10 minutes. (you will notice curdled bits in the mixture, that's normal, keep in mixture)
5. Reduce the speed to low, add the eggs one at a time, mixing for one minute after each and scraping down the bowl before adding the next egg. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
6. With the mixer on low, add 1/3 of the flour mixture, beating until barely combined, followed by 1/2 of the milk + lemon juice mixture, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the remaining milk + lemon juice mixture and the remaining flour.
7. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries and the remaining 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, tossing together so that they are evenly coated. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the blueberries into the cake batter.
8. Spread the cake batter in the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool the cake for 30 minutes.
9. Once the cake is cool, turn it out onto a serving platter or cake stand. Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, whole milk, and pure vanilla extract until smooth. The icing should be thick, if you would like it thinner, add more milk, a teaspoon at a time, until you get it to the consistency you want). Use an offset spatula to spread the glaze on top of the cake.
10. Cut, Serve, & Enjoy! Cake can be covered and stored at room temperature for up to 4 days.